Skittles’ newest offering is Orchards, which is supposedly comprised of fruit flavors grown in orchards, even though just about everybody says orange grove and nobody knows what a peach farm is called.
[Ed. note: Thank you, M&M-Mars, for the search phrase “What determines the nomenclature of a fruit garden?”]
My theory? Orchards is the severance package they offered Lime when it got demoted from the main bag in favor of the upstart Green Apple.
– Lime: Same ol’ good-ass lime.– Cherry: I usually love cherry-flavored things, but this tasted a little too much like a Sucret, which was too bad.
– Peach: I don’t ever eat peaches because they are gross. I don’t feel any different about peach-flavored things.
– Red apple: This is dumb. Red delicious apples are the least delicious apples, and this is the least delicious color of apple-flavored Skittle.
– Orange: Just hangin out, bein dull.
– Handful: Actually, the medley of these tastes pretty good. There’s a bizarre aftertaste I noticed about a minute after the last Skittle was gone, but it wasn’t bad when the chewing part was happening.
Many thanks to Shreya Bar for letting me know that these existed!