So, here’s the thing: Necco Wafers are fking disgusting.
A favorite of Sister Bar since childhood, there is next to nothing redeemable about this candy bar aside from the fact that it’s made of sugar.
Here are some things said at a diner on Saturday evening among Boof Bar and Basketball Intern Bar. At least half of these things were presented as positives:
– “They shatter when they hit surfaces.”
– “The green ones taste like laundry detergent.”
– “This is just edible chalk.”
– “You know those shitty hearts you eat for Valentine’s Day? It’s like you melted them and made them more boring. And there are no messages.”
– “That’s supposed to taste like chocolate?”
– “That just tastes like brown.”
– “I had no hopes for these. And they met them.”
– “Do you want any more?”
“I don’t, but I haven’t stopped eating them. Maybe there’s something to these.”
They are, though, a candy bar in my book. According to the official definition. Disagree? Sound off, friends.
– If you hadn’t noticed, I think these things are pretty bad.